Table of Contents
Words With the Silent Letter “E”! In this lesson, we’ll explore the fascinating world of English words with the Silent Letter “E.” The presence of silent letters, which presents a difficulty to both native speakers and learners, is one of the peculiarities of the English language that is well known. This Lesson will clarify terms that have this oddity as well as offer insights into the background and pronunciation quirks of these silent letters.
What Are Silent Letters?
- Definition: Silent letters are letters in words that are not pronounced when the word is spoken.
- Explanation: We will discuss how silent letters add complexity to English pronunciation and why they exist in the first place.
Words with Silent “E”
- Examples: Explore a variety of words where the letter “E” remains silent and understand their correct pronunciation.
- Pronunciation Practice: Practice saying these words correctly to improve your spoken English.
Relevance to Real Life
- Daily Use: Discuss how recognizing words with a silent “E” can enhance your reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Vocabulary Expansion: Learn new words and expand your vocabulary by becoming familiar with this silent letter phenomenon.
Words with Silent Letter “E”
Silent Letter “E” With Useful Example Sentences
- Age – She celebrated her 70th birthday with a big party.
- Breathe – After running a marathon, he needed to catch his breath.
- Bridge – The old stone bridge spanned the river.
- Change – She needed to change her plans at the last minute.
- Clothes – She carefully folded her clothes and put them in the drawer.
- Gene – The scientist studied the gene responsible for the trait.
- Hate – She didn’t understand why he seemed to hate her so much.
- Like – most people like to eat ice cream on a hot day.
- Love – They were deeply in love with each other.
- Please – He said “please” as he asked for a favor.
- Vegetables – She prepared a delicious vegetable stir-fry for dinner.