Table of Contents
Words with Silent Letter ‘C’! Learn English words with their silent letter ‘C’ also their usage in sentences. In this lesson, we are going to learn the Silent letter ‘C’ with its reason, and usage in sentences. Learn the entire lesson and enhance your English language skills.
Silent Letter ‘C’ in English
Silent letters are those that do not sound out when a word is spoken aloud. English has many words with silent letters, which might make it difficult to spell and pronounce certain terms. Words containing the silent letter ‘C’ are frequently found in the following examples:
Words with Silent Letter ‘C’
Usage in Sentences:
- He had an abscess in his tooth.
- She will ascend the mountain tomorrow.
- The ascent to the summit was challenging.
- His conscience prevented him from lying.
- She was conscious of her surroundings.
- The moon was a thin crescent in the sky.
- We’ll descend the staircase carefully.
- She was a dedicated disciple of the art.
- His presence seemed to evanesce into the night.
- The magician could fascinate any audience.
- The room was lit with fluorescent lights.
- He strained his muscle during the workout.
- Their conversation became obscene.
- The paramedics had to resuscitate him.
- The scenario was part of their role-play.
- The crime scene was thoroughly investigated.
- The scent of roses filled the garden.
- They discussed the latest developments in science.
- She used scissors to cut the paper.
- His wisdom allowed him to transcend his limitations.
Words with Silent Letter ‘C’ | Image
10 Examples of Silent Letter ‘C’
Here are some words where the letter “C” is silent:
Although the letter “C” is present in these words’ orthography, it is not audible when spoken out loud. It can be challenging to pronounce because this happens frequently in English, especially for non-native speakers.