Table of Contents
In our daily lives, we are exposed to a wide range of emotions and reactions. Different situations and occurrences might make us feel astonished, delighted, impressed, shocked, upset, frustrated, overwhelmed, intrigued, enthusiastic, perplexed, amused, inspired, motivated, encouraged, baffled, disappointed, fascinated, terrified, repelled, or captivated. These adjective collocations with “By” assist us in expressing our sentiments and experiences in simple and understandable ways.
List of Adjective Collocations with BY
- Surprised by
- Pleased by
- Impressed by
- Shocked by
- Annoyed by
- Frustrated by
- Overwhelmed by
- Intrigued by
- Excited by
- Confused by
- Amused by
- Inspired by
- Motivated by
- Encouraged by
- Baffled by
- Disappointed by
- Fascinated by
- Terrified by
- Repulsed by
- Captivated by
Adjective + By Collocations with Examples
- She was surprised by the unexpected gift.
- I was pleased by the positive feedback.
- He was impressed by her knowledge.
- We were shocked by the sudden news.
- Sarah was annoyed by the constant noise.
- John was frustrated by the slow progress.
- They were overwhelmed by the workload.
- I’m intrigued by the mystery of the story.
- The children were excited by the carnival.
- She was confused by the complex instructions.
- The comedian’s jokes left us amused by his humor.
- The painting inspired her by its beauty.
- They were motivated by the challenge.
- I was encouraged by the positive results.
- I’m baffled by the strange behavior.
- We were disappointed by the poor service.
- He was fascinated by the historical artifacts.
- The movie had me terrified by its intensity.
- She was repulsed by the gruesome scene.
- The audience was captivated by her performance.