Table of Contents
This session will serve as your comprehensive gym Vocabulary crash course. We’ll clarify the jargon used in the fitness industry, from burpees to HIIT, and DOMS to macros. Understanding gym jargon is essential whether you’re just beginning your fitness journey or hoping to advance your exercises. Join us for this brief course to learn how to speak fitness lingo like a pro and increase your gym confidence!
Gym Equipment Names and Pictures
|7.||Upright Exercise Bike|
|17.||Olympic Weight Bench|
|18.||Decline Bench Press|
|19.||Bicep Curl Bench|
|20.||Chest Press Machine|
|22.||Incline Bench Press|
|23.||Arm Curl Machine|
|25.||Chest Fly Machine|
|30.||Seated Dip Machine|
|31.||Lat Pull Down|
|32.||Front Pull Down|
|33.||Leg Raise Tower|
|36.||Leg Press Machine|
|39.||Leg Curl Machine|
Gym Equipment Names with Info
- A cardio machine used for running or walking in place, often with adjustable speed and incline settings.
- A low-impact cardio machine that simulates walking, running, and climbing without putting excessive pressure on the joints.
- A cardio machine that mimics the movement of a bicycle, used for aerobic exercise and lower body workouts.
- A cardio machine that simulates the action of rowing a boat, providing a full-body workout that targets multiple muscle groups.
- A cardio machine that replicates the motion of climbing stairs, is used to strengthen and tone the lower body muscles.
- A stable platform used for various strength training exercises, including bench presses, dumbbell flies, and other exercises.
- Hand-held weights used for strength training and resistance exercises are available in various weights and sizes.
- Long metal bars are used for weightlifting and strength training, typically with detachable weight plates on each end.
- Weighted equipment resembling a cannonball with a handle, is used for dynamic exercises that combine cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility training.
- Elastic bands are used for strength training and physical therapy to increase muscle strength and flexibility.
- A weight training machine with adjustable cables and attachments that allows for a wide range of exercises targeting various muscle groups.
- A weight training machine with a fixed barbell that moves in a guided vertical path, primarily used for squats, bench presses, and other exercises.
Leg press machine
- A weight training machine designed to build strength and muscle in the legs through a pushing motion with the feet.
Lat pulldown machine
- A machine used for strengthening the muscles in the back and arms through a pulling motion.
Chest press machine
- A machine designed for strengthening the chest muscles through a pushing motion.
Shoulder press machine
- A machine designed for strengthening the shoulder muscles through a pushing motion.
Leg curl machine
- A machine used for targeting the muscles at the back of the thigh, specifically the hamstrings.
Leg extension machine
- A machine used for targeting the muscles at the front of the thigh, specifically the quadriceps.
Abdominal crunch machine
- A machine designed to specifically target and strengthen the abdominal muscles through a crunching motion.
Roman chair (hyperextension bench)
- A piece of equipment used for lower back exercises and core strengthening, often used for back extensions and oblique exercises.
- A large, inflatable ball used for core stability exercises, balance training, and rehabilitation.
- A weighted ball is used for strength training and plyometric exercises to improve muscular power and coordination.
- Thick, heavy ropes are used for high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and strength-building exercises.
- A simple piece of equipment used for cardio workouts, improving coordination, and enhancing foot speed.
- A horizontal bar is used for performing pull-up and chin-up exercises to strengthen the upper body.
- A piece of equipment used for performing dip exercises, which target the muscles of the chest, shoulders, and arms.
- Handles are used to perform push-ups with a neutral wrist position, reducing wrist strain and allowing for deeper push-up movements.
- A vest with incorporated pockets for adding weighted plates is used to increase the intensity of bodyweight exercises and cardio workouts.
- Weights are worn around the ankles to add resistance to lower body exercises, aiding in strengthening and toning leg muscles.
- Straps wrapped around the wrists during weightlifting exercises to provide support and reduce the risk of injury.
- A sturdy box is used for plyometric exercises, such as box jumps and step-ups, to improve power and explosiveness.
TRX suspension trainer
- A portable training tool that uses body weight and gravity for a full-body workout, improving strength, balance, flexibility, and core stability.
- A cylindrical tool used for self-myofascial release to alleviate muscle tightness and trigger points, aiding in muscle recovery and flexibility.
- A cardio machine that simulates the action of climbing stairs, helping to improve cardiovascular health and tone leg muscles.
Seated calf raise machine
- A machine used for specifically targeting and strengthening the calf muscles through a seated pushing motion.
- A machine designed to target and strengthen the gluteal muscles, commonly used for hip extension exercises.
Hack squat machine
- A machine used for performing squats in a guided motion, primarily targeting the muscles of the lower body.
Cable crossover machine
- A versatile machine equipped with cable pulleys used for various strength training exercises targeting different muscle groups.
Leg adduction machine
- A machine used for targeting and strengthening the inner thigh muscles through a pressing motion.
Leg abduction machine
- A machine used for targeting and strengthening the outer thigh muscles through a pressing motion.
Preacher curl bench
- A bench designed to isolate and target the biceps, commonly used for performing preacher curls.
Hammer strength machine
- A type of weight training equipment that provides a natural path of motion, allowing for unilateral or bilateral exercises.
Vertical knee raise station
- A piece of equipment used for performing various core and abdominal exercises, such as knee raises and leg lifts.
Sled push machine
- A piece of equipment used for conditioning and strength training, involving pushing heavy weights or resistance across a surface.