Table of Contents
“Hello everyone, today we’re going to learn more about the English language and find new ways to say ‘better opportunity.'” Sometimes we want to sentence things in new ways to change up our conversations. Today, we’re trying to find another word that shows the same thing as ‘Better Opportunity.’ It also allows us to make our words interesting and clear. So, let’s jump in and find a word expressing the feeling of better and more exciting opportunities!”
Opportunity Definition & Meaning
Definition: An opportunity is a good collection of circumstances or a scenario that gives a potential for development, advancement, or accomplishment. It is a time when one may take advantage of good conditions to achieve a certain objective or enjoy beneficial consequences.
Meaning: Opportunities can take many forms, such as work opportunities or opportunities for personal and professional development. Seizing them necessitates being alert, proactive, and quick to act when opportune situations arise. Embracing possibilities may lead to good transformations, new experiences, and the realization of dreams—a notion that represents potential development and transformation in numerous parts of life.
Opportunity Synonym Words List
|Pause or Opportunity
|Opportunity or Probability
|Agreement or Transaction
|Stroke of luck
|Luck or Wealth
|Free ride (idiom)
|Freedom or Flexibility
|Chance or Fortune
|Event or Opportunity
|Correct or Appropriate
|Chance of loss
|Range or Opportunity
|Attempt or Opportunity
|Beginning or Initiation
|Duration of Chronology
|Opportunity or Chance
|Opportunity or Opening
|Window of opportunity
|Limited time for action
|Write in the table
|Action to complete table
Other Words for “Better Opportunity” Examples
Here is a list of other words for “Better Opportunity” with useful example sentences:
Chance: A possibility of something happening, especially when it is uncertain.
- She took a chance and applied for the job without much experience.
- Winning the lottery is purely a matter of chance.
Opening: A favorable opportunity or a vacant position.
- The sudden opening for a manager’s position led to a rush of job applications.
- His skillful negotiation created an opening for a potential business partnership.
Occasion: A particular event or instance.
- Her birthday was the perfect occasion to celebrate with friends and family.
- The wedding was a joyous occasion filled with laughter and love.
Moment: A brief, significant period.
- The athlete seized the moment and scored the winning goal.
- It was a magical moment when they first met under the starry sky.
Possibility: The state or condition of being possible.
- Despite the challenges, there is still a possibility of success.
- Exploring new technologies opens up endless possibilities for innovation.
Prospect: The likelihood of future success or advancement.
- Joining a prestigious company offers a bright career prospect.
- The real estate market shows promising prospects for investors.
Advantage: A favorable or superior position.
- Having strong communication skills is a significant advantage in the workplace.
- The team’s early preparation gave them a clear advantage in the competition.
Golden opportunity: An exceptionally favorable chance.
- Missing the seminar would mean losing a golden opportunity to learn from industry experts.
- The job interview was a golden opportunity to showcase her skills and experience.
Favorable time: A period when conditions are conducive to success.
- Launching the product during a favorable time in the market proved to be a wise decision.
- It was a favorable time to negotiate a better deal with the supplier.
Fortuity: The quality of happening by chance; luck.
- Their meeting at the coffee shop was a delightful fortuity.
- The success of the project was a result of careful planning and a bit of fortuity.
Good chance: A favorable probability of success or positive outcome.
- There’s a good chance that the weather will clear up by the time we reach the beach.
- If you study consistently, you have a good chance of passing the exam.
Lucky break: A fortunate opportunity or unexpected stroke of luck.
- Getting that internship was a lucky break for her career.
- Winning the scholarship was a significant lucky break for the struggling student.
Suitable time: A period that is appropriate or convenient for a particular action.
- Let’s discuss the project at a suitable time when everyone is available.
- It’s a suitable time to launch the marketing campaign with the holiday season approaching.
Option: A choice or alternative that is available.
- Having a backup plan is always a wise option in case things don’t go as expected.
- We have the option to either take the scenic route or the faster highway.
Potential: The inherent capacity or capability for future success or development.
- The young artist shows great potential with her unique style and creativity.
- Investing in education is an investment in the potential of future generations.
Right: A correct or appropriate course of action.
- Choosing the right strategy is crucial for the success of the project.
- There’s a right and a wrong way to handle conflicts in the workplace.
Shot: An attempt or opportunity to achieve something.
- Take a shot at solving the problem before seeking help.
- Submitting your application is your best shot at getting the scholarship.
The window of opportunity: A specific period during which a favorable opportunity exists.
- The entrepreneur recognized the window of opportunity to launch the product before the market became saturated.
- Don’t miss the window of opportunity to invest in the booming tech industry.
Good fortune: A state of having luck or positive circumstances.
- Winning the lottery is a stroke of good fortune that can change lives.
- The successful completion of the project was due to a combination of hard work and good fortune.
Fluke: A rare and unexpected occurrence, often attributed to luck.
- Scoring the winning goal was a complete fluke; no one expected it.
- His discovery of the rare species was considered a scientific fluke.
Turn A change in a situation or a shift in events.
- The sudden turn of events led to a more positive outcome.
- Sometimes, a small decision can take your life in an unexpected turn.
Break: A stroke of luck or a favorable opportunity.
- Getting a promotion was a much-needed break for his career.
- The unexpected endorsement was the big break the aspiring actor needed.
Lucky chance: An opportunity that comes by chance and brings luck.
- Meeting the CEO by chance turned out to be a lucky chance for the ambitious intern.
- Taking a different route was a lucky chance that helped them avoid the traffic jam.
Juncture: A critical or pivotal point in time.
- The project’s success depended on making the right decisions at this crucial juncture.
- We are at a juncture where innovation is essential for the company’s growth.
Timing: The selection of the most appropriate moment for an action.
- The comedian’s impeccable timing led to uproarious laughter from the audience.
- Success often depends on having the right timing in business decisions.
Circumstance: The conditions or factors affecting a situation.
- Despite unfavorable circumstances, she persevered and achieved her goals.
- Success is often influenced by both skill and circumstance.
Occasional: Happening from time to time, not regularly.
- They have occasional meetings to discuss project progress.
- Taking an occasional break during work can improve productivity.
Convenient: Suitable for one’s needs; easily accessible or usable.
- The location of the new office is quite convenient for employees who commute.
- The convenient timing of the meeting allowed everyone to attend without any conflicts.
Suitable moment: An appropriate or opportune point in time.
- Let’s wait for a suitable moment to discuss the sensitive issue.
- The announcement was made at a suitable moment to maximize its impact.
Fortunate moment: A time marked by luck or positive circumstances.
- It was a fortunate moment when they stumbled upon the hidden treasure.
- The team celebrated the fortunate moment of winning the championship.
Types of Synonyms for Opportunity
- Favorable circumstance
- Upper hand
- Pivotal moment
- Critical juncture
- Opportune moment
- State of affairs
Opportunity Synonyms in Different Situations
- Employment opening
- Career prospect
- Work chance
- Vocational possibility
Learning/Professional Development Opportunity
- Educational chance
- Skill-building prospect
- Training possibility
- Developmental opening
- Advantageous situation
- Propitious conditions
- Positive circumstances
- Beneficial state
- Self-improvement opportunity
- Personal development chance
- Growth potential
- Transformative possibility
- Success prospect
- Attainment opportunity
- Milestone chance
- Accomplishment opening
- Serendipitous time
- Lucky break
- Opportune instant
- Propitious period
- Dream realization opportunity
- Aspiration fulfillment chance
- Ambition actualization
- Visionary opening
- Transformative possibility
- Life-altering chance
- Evolutionary opportunity
- Metamorphic opening
Opportunity’s Absolute and Near Synonyms
|A possibility of something happening, especially when it is uncertain.
|A choice or alternative that is available.
|The state or condition of being possible.
|The likelihood of future success or advancement.
|A favorable opportunity or a vacant position.
|A brief, significant period.
|A period when conditions are conducive to success.
|An exceptionally favorable chance.
|The quality of happening by chance; luck.
|A state of having luck or positive circumstances.
|An opportunity that comes by chance and brings luck.
|A fortunate opportunity or unexpected stroke of luck.
|A period that is appropriate or convenient for a particular action.
|A correct or appropriate course of action.
|Window of opportunity
|A specific period during which a favorable opportunity exists.
|A rare and unexpected occurrence, often attributed to luck.
|A change in a situation or a shift in events.
|A stroke of luck or a favorable opportunity.
|A critical or pivotal point in time.
|The selection of the most appropriate moment for an action.
|A particular event or instance.
|The conditions or factors affecting a situation.
|A favorable or superior position.
|A favorable probability of success or positive outcome.
|The inherent capacity or capability for future success or development.
|Suitable for one’s needs; easily accessible or usable.
|An appropriate or opportune point in time.
|A time marked by luck or positive circumstances.
|An opportunity that brings luck or positive outcomes.
|An appropriate or opportune time.
|Happening from time to time, but not regularly.